Skyline Soccer Assoc.
2370 S Colorado Blvd
Denver, CO 80222
Grasshoppers and Munchkins
U6 - U18
Advanced Level Director
U9 - U18
Skyline Soccer Association's Recreational program is designed for kids of all abilities to have the chance to play soccer. The games are fun and stress is not put on
the competitiveness of the game. Choose the player's age group listed below to find out more about the program.
Below, you will find the programs that Skyline Soccer Association currently provides:
Select any of the programs above to view more information regarding the specific program.
To find out which age group you are in, or what the "U" means in soccer age groups, click below on "Learn More"
General Program Information:
- Each team will play 7-8 games.
- There are no tryouts for this league, everyone gets a chance to play.
- Teams normally practice between 1 and 3 times a week, depending on the age.
- All coaches at the Recreational level are volunteer coaches and are not paid.
- All players must purchase a Skyline uniform. The uniform consists of two jerseys, 1 short, 1 pair of socks. Skyline uniforms are provided by Eurosport.
- Registration for the Recreational league is $120.00 to $175.00 a season. A $25.00 late fee is applied to all late registrations.
- All games are played on Saturday and times will vary. Games are either played within the Skyline club or are played against nearby clubs.
- Travel within the south part of Denver is required for games against other clubs.
Player Placement on Teams:
- Returning players will be given first priority for team placement as long as they have:
- Registered and paid by the registration deadline (before the late fee is applied)
- Requested to have the same team and/or coach
- New players are placed on teams where space is available and are given the following priorities:
- Staff recommendations
- First come, first serve
- What team or coach was requested
The Recreational league is a great beginner league for many individuals. Depending on the players age, they will have opportunities to advance into more competitive leagues or stay at the recreational level.
The Recreational League is all we offer at the U6 to U8 level. At the U9 level, a player can either play in a more competitive league called Cross Quad or stay within the Recreational League. At the U10 level, you can move to the Intermediate (Option 1) League, which is a more competitive level or continue to stay within the Recreational League. The U10 to U11 transition is a significant year for many players. This is the opportunity for soccer enthusiasts to tryout for Competitive soccer. If players want to see the more competitive side of soccer, without the insignia of Competitive soccer, many will join the Intermediate league. Also, you can continue to stay within the Recreational League until the U14 age group. If you are not already playing Competitive or Intermediate soccer with Skyline at the U15 age group, you can go on to play in the Metro league.
Please refer to the Program Flow Chart for a more detailed breakdown of a player's progression throughout their Skyline career.