Skyline Soccer Association (SSA) has been the heart of Denver youth soccer since 1965. Skyline serves roughly 4,000 players each season ranging in age from 2.5 – 18 years old and provides options for all levels of players, from the beginner to the advanced.
The philosophy at Skyline Soccer is: To Teach, To Inspire, To Excel. We implement this philosophy in all aspects of our programs. Through our leagues and camps, we develop a foundation for players to thrive, be creative, and find success in whatever they aspire to do.
Our Ambitious Goals
Skyline Soccer Association is committed to providing our players and their families with high quality soccer programs that allow each player to achieve the highest level of soccer that they desire in a fun, educational, and safe environment through the proper training and assessment of our coaches and players while operating the Club in a financially sound and prudent manner.
Skyline Soccer Association strives to be the most recognized and respected soccer association in Colorado through a wide-range of programming, affordable registration fees, well-trained and respected players and coaches, quality communication, and a friendly community.
Our Five-Year Strategic Planning Goals
Skyline Soccer Association finalized a six-month strategic plan in early 2014. This plan was the culmination of many interviews with the Skyline Board of Directors, the Skyline staff, organization stakeholders, as well as a survey which received over 900 responses. The focus of the plan was to find out exactly where the organization should concentrate its efforts. From those concentrations, the staff developed specific, measurable, relevant, attainable, and time-sensitive goals to be reached by 2020. Below is a brief overview of our outline. The full report will be available soon.
- Growth and Retention – We aim to grow our programs by 5% annually at all levels over the next five years. Targeted efforts will improve retention of Skyline members throughout their entire soccer career.
- Coaching Excellence – Understanding that coaching quality plays an integral role in the success of our organization, we will focus renewed and increased resources on hiring, training, and retaining the best coaches possible.
- Player Development – We will demonstrate our strong commitment to the youth participants of Skyline by investing passionately in the growth and development of each individual player.
- Organizational Development – Skyline will consistently and vigorously evaluate itself in order to continually develop the organization with the ultimate goals of meeting members’ needs and being a highly successful soccer club.
Board of Directors
The Skyline Soccer Association’s Board of Directors (BOD) meets quarterly. The Board of Directors meet to discuss long-term strategic visions for the club and to analyze and make recommendations on financials. Each member was elected onto the Board of Directors. Each serves a three-year term, with a max term limit of six years. If you’d like to join the Skyline Board of Directors, please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Association’s Annual General Meeting takes place each May, which is when elections take place.
- Waughn Hughes – President
- Emile Reed – Vice President
- Brian Callahan – Treasurer
- Laurie Geerdts – Secretary
- Ben Lieb
- Brooks Pearson
- Bryan Snow
- John Hughes
- John Mankus
- Julie Bailey
- Justin Prochnow
- Ken Goodson
- Simon Hoskins
Club Growth (Approximation of Players)
Years as Non-Profit
Volunteer Coaches Seasonally
Years in Existence
’13 Income vs ’12 Income
’13 Expenses vs. ’12 Expenses
Volunteer Hours Yearly (In Thousands)
2013 Scholarship Money Awarded (In Thousands)
# of Parks Used Each Season
Estimated Annual Growth for 2014 – 2020
# of Professional Coaches Seasonally
Avg. Number of Home Games Skyline Hosts Each Saturday
Avg. # of Games Skyline Teams Participate in Each Weekend
Avg. # of Teams (Seasonally)
Become a Sponsor
Operating as a not-for-profit organization since 1965, Skyline relies heavily on sponsorship income. Skyline offers a unique opportunity for anyone looking to get the attention of thousands of youth soccer families. We love being creative in our partnership, so help us find the best way to show off your business.
Our Gold level sponsors are recognized constantly within our organization. Our goal is to get our Gold level sponsors as much as exposure as possible. Here are just a few of our Gold level sponsor highlights.
- Mentions and logo in all communication to club
- Logo on uniforms and coach equipment
- Name recognition at tournaments
- And much more…
Our Silver level sponsors get a lot of exposure, but it is more focused to certain age groups. Some examples of Silver level sponsor items:
- Logo recognition on Grasshopper and Munchkin soccer balls
- Coupons sent out to all coaches at the end of the season
- Booth at annual tournaments
- And so much more…
Our Bronze level sponsorship offers a focused and a bit more limited reach to our 2,500 seasonal membership. Items included in a Bronze level sponsorship include:
- Logo on all web pages
- Coupon in email blasts
- Handout at tournament or preseason coaching meetings
- And so much more…
We love to be creative. If you have an idea for a unique impact for your business, please let us know. Some examples include:
- Weather line sponsor mention
- A field named after your organization
- Coaches meeting at your place of business
- As well as whatever you can come up with..