Skyline Soccer Association (SSA) has been the heart of Denver youth soccer since 1965. Skyline serves roughly 4,000 players each season ranging in age from 2.5 – 18 years old and provides options for all levels of players, from the beginner to the advanced.
The philosophy at Skyline Soccer is: To Teach, To Inspire, To Excel. We implement this philosophy in all aspects of our programs. Through our leagues and camps, we develop a foundation for players to thrive, be creative, and find success in whatever they aspire to do.
Skyline Soccer Association is committed to providing our players and their families with high quality soccer programs that allow each player to achieve the highest level of soccer that they desire in a fun, educational, and safe environment through the proper training and assessment of our coaches and players while operating the Club in a financially sound and prudent manner.
Skyline Soccer Association strives to be the most recognized and respected soccer association in Colorado through a wide-range of programming, affordable registration fees, well-trained and respected players and coaches, quality communication, and a friendly community.
Our Five-Year Strategic Planning Goals
Skyline Soccer Association finalized a six-month strategic plan in early 2014. This plan was the culmination of many interviews with the Skyline Board of Directors, the Skyline staff, organization stakeholders, as well as a survey which received over 900 responses. The focus of the plan was to find out exactly where the organization should concentrate its efforts. From those concentrations, the staff developed specific, measurable, relevant, attainable, and time-sensitive goals to be reached by 2020. Below is a brief overview of our outline. The full report will be available soon.
- Growth and Retention – We aim to grow our programs by 5% annually at all levels over the next five years. Targeted efforts will improve retention of Skyline members throughout their entire soccer career.
- Coaching Excellence – Understanding that coaching quality plays an integral role in the success of our organization, we will focus renewed and increased resources on hiring, training, and retaining the best coaches possible.
- Player Development – We will demonstrate our strong commitment to the youth participants of Skyline by investing passionately in the growth and development of each individual player.
- Organizational Development – Skyline will consistently and vigorously evaluate itself in order to continually develop the organization with the ultimate goals of meeting members’ needs and being a highly successful soccer club.
Board of Directors
The Skyline Soccer Association’s Board of Directors (BOD) meets quarterly. The Board of Directors meet to discuss long-term strategic visions for the club and to analyze and make recommendations on financials. Each member was elected onto the Board of Directors. Each serves a three-year term, with a max term limit of six years. If you’d like to join the Skyline Board of Directors, please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Association’s Annual General Meeting takes place each May, which is when elections take place.
- Waughn Hughes – President
- Emile Reed – Vice President
- Brian Callahan – Treasurer
- Laurie Geerdts – Secretary
- Andy Stine
- Ben Lieb
- Bryan Snow
- Julie Bailey
- Ken Goodson
- Simon Hoskins