8U Elite & Recreational Programs
- Team Formation
- Elite Dates
- Recreational Dates
- ID Camp 2020 for Spring 2021 Season
- Uniforms and Equipment
The 8U age group (2013 birth year for 2020-21 season) at Skyline offers both a Recreational program and an Elite program.
8U Recreational Program
The 8U Recreational program at Skyline is designed to continue the long tradition of Skyline’s fun, community atmosphere. The 8U recreational has two seasons, one in the fall and one in the spring. The fall season runs from August – October and the spring season runs from March – May.
All 8U recreational teams are coached by volunteer parents and play in-house against other Skyline teams. At this age, teams typically practice 1-2 times a week at a convenient location near you. Practice days and times vary from team to team based on the geographic location of families and the coach’s choice. All games for this age group are played at Southmoor Park typically on Saturdays. All players wear Skyline recreational uniforms on game days that can be ordered online.
8U Elite Program
The 8U Elite program is oriented towards providing a more competitive learning environment for young players who love soccer! Players must attend the 8U ID Camp in order to be assessed for placement on a team. Registration for a team is by invitation only. This program will only be available for Spring 2021 and is for 2013 players only.
Teams will practice twice a week and play games in the CSA Front Range League. Teams are coached by a parent volunteer who will run one session a week and coach games. Players will attend 4 sessions of Elite SKILLS coached by DOCs during the fall and spring seasons.
During the summer and winter months, we do offer camps and clinics. For more information go to our Camps page, found under Camps & Tournaments in the menu above.
During season we offer SKILLS training. For more information go to our Camps page and then In-Season Camps/SKILLS.
Once you have registered your player (8U Jr Elite by invitation only), Skyline staff will begin assigning players to teams based on the registration criteria. In your registration you can make coach, friend and practice region requests. After taking coach and friend requests into consideration, your practice region requests and current school will be considered when assigning players to a team. While we cannot honor every request, we will do our absolute best to place your player in an appropriate environment.
Priority placement will be given to players registered prior to the deadlines. After August 14 (for recreational), Skyline can no longer guarantee placement for new or returning players.
Returning players registered prior to the deadline.
New players registered prior to the deadline.
All remaining players who registered after the deadline.
If we have enough new players we will look to build new teams. Teams will be built around the registration criteria
- 7/31: Registration Deadline
- 9/12: Opening Weekend for Games
- 11/7: Last Day to Play Games
- 8/14: Wait-list begins after this date
- 8/31: Training Can Begin
- 9/12: Game Day 1
- 9/19: Game Day 2 (Doubleheader Weekend)
- 9/20: Game Day 3 (Doubleheader Weekend)
- 9/26: Game Day 4
- 10/3: Game Day 5
- 10/10: Game Day 6 (Doubleheader Weekend)
- 10/11: Game Day 7 (Doubleheader Weekend)
- 10/17: Game Day 8
- 10/24: Makeup Weekend
ID Camp 2019 (for Spring 2020)
The goal of the 8U ID Camp is to help identify players of similar skill and higher commitment levels for player placement purposes for the Spring 2021 season. This camp is an hour session on a Saturday in November and is a great way to get players excited for the spring season!
The focus of this camp is to challenge players to play at their highest level with the session run by the Directors of Coaching. 8U Elite teams will play in the CSA Front Range League 9UG age group for the spring season. See chart below for more details
All players will hear back from the Director of Coaching within one week.
- Date: November 2020
- Time: Girls: 9 AM – 12 PM, Boys: 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- You will be notified at a later date as to which one hour slot you should attend
- Where: Skyline Office Turf at 2130 S Bellaire St, Denver, CO 80222.
Skyline is an adidas club and requires adidas uniforms. A new two year uniform cycle will begin in Fall 2019. For ordering and more information go to our Uniforms page in the menu above.
Although Skyline only requires certain items in your uniform kit, your player will need several other items in order to be ready to play.
- Shin guards: All players are required to wear shin guards (under their socks) to all practices and games.
- Cleats: All players are strongly encouraged to buy cleats to wear to practices and games. Cleats are not required.
- Soccer Ball: All players must own and bring to all practices and games a soccer ball. Size 3 for recreational and size 4 for Elite.
- Water Bottle: All players should bring their own water bottle to all practices and games.
8U Program | 2020-2021 Season
- Birth Year
- Registration Deadline
- Program Goal
- Team Formation
- Team Size
- Competition Level
- Game Format
- Game Location
- SKILLS Training
- August 14 for Fall 2020 - Wait List Enabled After this Date, Late Fee Waived for Fall 2020
- Focus on fun and learning. Players new to soccer or wanting to play for fun with friends.
- One Season
- Coach/Friend/School Requests
- 8-10 Players
- In-house League
- 5v5 with goalkeepers
- Southmoor Park
- Volunteer Parent Coach
- Once or Twice Weekly
- Individual Sign Up (Additional Cost)
8U Elite | Spring 2021 Only
- Five Days after Notification
- Focus on providing a more competitive learning environment for young players who love soccer.
- Spring Season Only
- Must Attend ID Camp | DOC Approval to Register/Coach/Friend
- 10-12 Players
- Front Range League Recreational
- 7v7 with goalkeepers
- Home games at Kennedy Soccer Complex. Away games will be in the greater metro area.
- Volunteer Parent Coach and SKILLS Trainer
- Once weekly Plus SKILLS training with the Director of Coaching
- Four In Season Sessions Included with Registration - No Winter Included
8U SKILLS | In Season, Summer & Winter
- 8U SKILLS is designed for the 8U recreational player who is craving more training.
- SKILLS is a series of advanced training sessions run once a week, for four weeks throughout each fall, winter and spring seasons by Skyline Trainers.
- SKILLS focuses on teaching players the essential topics for players in conjunction with the Skyline Player Development Plan, our soccer development model. At SKILLS, players will be grouped to enhance the learning process.
- 8U Elites will have a separate spring AGT training that is included in their fees. Winter Camps/SKILLS are an additional cost for all 8U programs.
- For more information go to our Camps page found under Camps & Tournaments in the menu above.